My sincerest apologies for the lack of posts in the past month- endless late nights, many cries and 8 exams later and I’m finally halfway towards becoming a vet! My annual trip home to London has popped up and I’m so excited for the change of scenery. I intend to shop until my arms fall off so expect many updates in the coming weeks! For now, I thought I’d share the contents on my carry on bag with you all 🙂
I always under pack when going home- I only get a 30kg limit so I tend to take very little with me to make room for new goodies! My hand luggage is no exception, I take the less is more approach and arm myself with some trusty essentials to last that hideous 24 hour flight.
- Tissues: How exciting… but seriously, who wants to disturb the sleeping stranger next to you every 5 minutes like I have to. I suffer so badly from the plane air con, so a stash of my own is essential.
- ‘Marching Powder’ by Rusty Young: A true story about a British drug dealer’s 5 years inside Bolivia’s notorious San Pedro prison. I can’t wait to read it, it’s been recommended countless times.
- A lovely fluffy pair of monster socks 🙂
- Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief: I got this as a sample a few months ago and I really like it. The plane is such a drying experience for every skin type, and this moisturiser glides on so smoothly and dries in seconds (which for someone with oily skin is a dream!) I don’t find it lasts very long so I’m undecided about parting with my mula for the full size, but for now it’s ideal.
- Clinique Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser: Another product I got in the sample pack, this face wash foams up amazingly and really feels like it’s doing a deep clean, which about 12 hours in is exactly what I need.
- Peter Alexander Eye Mask: These are fantastic value at $15, and I found this London themed one which was so fitting I had to get it.
- Earphones, because those plane ones are yuck.
- Sony Cyber-shot HX50: I bought this camera for my boyfriend last year and he’s kindly letting me borrow it for my trip as my SLR is way too bulky this time around! I’m looking forward to having a play with it, it takes some beautiful shots
- Mini Batiste and Rexona: For the transit freshen up!
- A Carmex: Because I would die without a Carmex.